Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Great Gatsby - Chapter 9

Characterization:

I relate best with Daisy. Daisy is the innocent girl who gets twisted into a world of corruption. Daisy once loved Gatsby with all her heart, but he left her and she had nothing to hold on to anymore. Then she choose to move on and find love somewhere else. She found this love in Tom. After first, I didn't believe at all that she loved Tom truely. I believed she settled for Tom, but later in the novel I finally figured that she must have truely loved him to stay with him even after Gatsby was returned to her life. I was disappointed in Daisy when I found out that her and Tom skipped town. But then I realized I do the same thing; when I get scared I run away.

I related to her because I have had a similar experience. I had a high school sweetheart and we were great, but when times became hard I choose to let him go and move on. To this day I regret it every second, but I know thats what I had to do. I have moved on. And of course, at first I didn't really believe that I loved him, I just believed that he was my back up. To this day I am with this man and I love him more everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found a connection with one of the characters; this makes the novel so much more meaningful to you.
    10/10

    ReplyDelete