Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Great Gatsby - Chapter 8

Favorite Quotes:

Page 165:

"You ought to have a church, George, for times like this. You must have gone to church once. Didn't you get married in a church? Listen, George, listen to me. Didn't you get married in a church?"

- This quote is when Michaelis is trying to help Wilson through this hard time. I choose this quote because it has meaning to me. Everytime I am going through a hard time I turn to God. I am in no means a very religious person, but I do turn to God. I don't attend church very often, but when I do I feel so much better about bad events that have taken place. It makes me think that some times my problems are very trivial and I need to be thankful for what I do have.

Page 167:

"God sees everything," Wilson repeated.

- I choose this quote because it is very true. Mrytle was cheating on George and even though he never caught her doing it or knew who the man was, God still saw everything.

1 comment: