Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Great Gatsby - Chapter 6 & 7

I believe a reoccuring theme for this novel is the battle of social classes. It is constantly comparing which "egg" is better. Plus, I believe it has something to do with how Daisy and Gatsby were in love back during the war and she wouldn't really be with him because he was from a lower social class. I hate it when people judge someone because of their social class. I mean honestly the best way to describe this is to just think you were dirt poor, would you want someone to blow you off just because you didn't have the money they were born into. I try to stay as farrrrr away from these types of people as I can.

I believe I am going to write my literary analysis over this book and have the topic be about social classes and the damages it can do.

1 comment:

  1. You have a good thought--keep working with it. Do some research in the literary databases to see what you can find.
    10/10

    ReplyDelete